East-West Center is calling for young people around the world to apply for the 2014 New Generation Seminar. The two weeks seminar will be held from 21 September to 5 October 2014 at Honolulu, Hawaii; Miami, Florida; and Washington DC.
The program is with the theme: ‘The Realities of a Changing Climate: Meeting the Challenge’
The first week of the New Generation Seminar is held at the East-West Center in Honolulu (Hawai) and consists of briefings by EWC research staff on key regional developments such as security, international relations, economics, population, health and environment, as well as sessions directly related to the seminar theme.
The second week of the program involves field travel to either the Asia Pacific region or the United States mainland to enhance participants’ knowledge of a specific theme.
- Applicants must be young leaders aged 25-40, from Asia Pacific and the United States who are in a position to influence policy, shape public opinion and lead action.
- Applicants can be elected officials and other community, political or business leaders or communicators with broad-based policy knowledge and influence.
- Applicants must be working professionals.
- Applicants must be fluent in English language.
- Applicants are recommended to follow up about receipt of their application if they do not hear from the organizers within 5 working days. Applicants will be notified of the results by 18 July 2014.
Complete application includes- application form, brief written statement on the applicant’s interest in participating in the seminar, professional biography (one-paragraph), and two letters of professional recommendation. Application materials must be sent via email by the deadline.
DEADLINE: June 30
For more information, please visit 24th New Generation Seminar.