Unilever in partnership with University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) and Ashoka Changemakers is calling young people around the world to take on the challenge of solving some of the world’s greatest problems in the 2014 edition of the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards
Submitted solutions can be anything ranging from helping families take action to improve their health and wellbeing, re-imagining the way we buy, use and refuse, improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers, or creating opportunities for women and micro-entrepreneurs in developing communities and so on.
Seven finalists will emerge who will take part in an online development programme and then participate in a two-day accelerator workshop at Cambridge University, UK, where expert help and professional guidance is provided to help them develop their ideas.
- Winner – Cash prize of €50,000; the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize; and €25,000 worth of support and mentoring.
- Six Finalists (each) – Cash Prize of €10,000, along with support and mentorship worth €10,000.
Solutions must relate to one or more of the categories listed below:
- Improving Health & Well-Being
- water, sanitation and hygiene
Reducing Environmental Impact
- water scarcity
- greenhouse gases
- sustainable agriculture
- smallholder farmers
- opportunities for women
- micro enterprise
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world and must be at most 30 years of age.
- Entered innovation must have gained recognition among local communities and markets. It must change behavior to enable sustainable living.
- Current Unilever employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Applicants must be proficient in English, able to deliver the pitch in English. Application must be submitted in English language.
- Solutions must relate to one or more of the categories listed above.
Deadline: 1st August 2014
To send application for this opportunity kindly visit the Unilever Sustainable Living Youth Entrepreneurs Awards Website