Civil society practitioners in West Africa are invited to participate in the first edition of the West Africa Civil Society Leadership Institute (CSLI) training program for West Africans. The aim of the program is to consciously and consistently groom the next generation of civil society leaders in the West African region. The program is put together by The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Ford Foundation.
The two weeks training program which takes place between October 13 – 24, 2014 is targeted at civil society practitioners in Liberia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Nigeria.
- Individual- The institute uses a ‘living’ model approach which calls for a consistent demand for participants and their organisations to reassess themselves, their life goals, personal abilities and critically analyse regional and global trends and produce interventions, strategic plans and publications.
- Organisational-Develop the capacity of individuals to cultivate robust operational structures, systems and knowledge management processes within organisations.
- Societal-Strengthen the capacity of participants to conceptualize and operationalize significant change initiatives that improves the quality of life of community citizens.
Applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Be at the middle management (or a level lower than the executive director position)
- Be nationals from and/or working in The Gambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Liberia.
- Must have a minimum of two years of work experience in their current organisation.
- Must have demonstrated leadership or critical problem-solving skills in their current or previous job.
- Must be willing to return to their current organisations and stay for at least one year.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English language.
Applicants must submit the following documents on or before 30 August 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Filled and signed application form submitted in word or pdf. format.
- A letter of motivation stating why you should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to your current role and prepare you for the next level. Applicants should indicate how the skills gained would enhance their leadership skills. This must be written in not more than 500 words.
- A letter of endorsement from the head of your current organisation stating how your participation in this programme would benefit the organisation.
30 August 2014. Applications after this deadline will not be considered.
For additional information, kindly see the Call for Applications-Civil Society Leadership Institute (CSLI)