Youth, political and corporate leaders, civil society activists, representatives of faith communities, journalists, etc. are invited to attend the 6th 6th Forum of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) will take place in Bali, Indonesia, on 29 and 30 August 2014. The theme of the Forum will be “Unity in Diversity: Celebrating Diversity for Common and Shared Values”.
The conference is intended to bring stakeholders together to work and agree on joint actions to improve relations across cultures and religions and build a lasting peace.
100 youth from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds and with outstanding track records in intercultural dialogue and youth work will be selected as participants of the Youth Event which will take place on 28 August 2014. A total of 40 places will be allocated to international participants and 60 places will be allocated to Indonesian participants.
- Interest: Applicant should be highly motivated to attend and will substantively contribute to the Youth Event, as well as to the 6th UNAOC Forum
- Exposure: The applicant should possess past experience related to the UNAOC issues/focusing on cross-cultural dialogue
- Impact: The applicant and his/her organization should have the capacity to disseminate the results of the 6th UNAOC Forum back to the youth community (e.g. access to a large network of youth or youth organizations at a local level)
- Age: applicants are between the ages of 18 years old and 30 years old at the time of the Youth Event.
- Organization: applicants are members of non-government and non-for-profit youth-led organizations (organizations led by youth for the benefit of youth), or have experience in youth activities. Mandate of the youth organization or youth activities is related to the UNAOC’s objectives.
- English: applicants have a good command of English is required to take part in the 6th UNAOC Youth Event and Forum.
The Event Host will cover the following: International airfare (round trip ticket, departure from the capital only, economy class, most direct route, no changes on route or dates possible), accommodation (shared accommodation with other participants of the same gender), local meals on 28, 29 and 30 August 2014, as well as local transportation (shuttle bus).
Participants will cover: Transportation to and from the capital airport in the country of residence is to be covered by the participants. Participants are also responsible for obtaining necessary visas for Indonesia as well as transit visas. Participants will need to cover all visa related costs (fees, pictures, mailing, local transportation needed to obtain any of these visas). Participants must obtain their own travel and medical insurance for their stay in Bali. Participants also need to possess adequate money for incidental expenses such as phone calls, meals outside of the Forum venue, souvenirs, taxis, etc.
Eligible candidates should fill the Application Form available at www.unaoc.org/bali
Deadline: 11:59 PM (New York time) on 30 June 2014
For additional information, visit the 6th UNAOC Youth Forum Website