Young professionals from across the world are invited to apply to be participants in the 2014 Human Development Fellowships for Young Professionals. The fellowship program organized by The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD) has this year’s fellowship with the theme ‘Social security in the Global South’ and would be hosted in India.
The selected fellows will receive INR 50,000 per month, and will be hosted by the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies in Shimla, India, for three months.
Fellowships are open to young professionals including academics, civil servants and civil society practitioners from any country in the world. . Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should:
- Be citizen of an eligible country (list available in the brochure)
- Preferably have a Master degree in a relevant discipline
Be between 25 and 35 years of age (at the time of the closing date of the applications)
- Have 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Not be a UN staff member or an Indian Institute of Advanced Study staff/Fellow
Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English. All candidates must complete a formal application in English, including:
- Application form
- Project proposal, not exceeding 1,200 words (which does not involve fieldwork with data collection) that highlights the main contours of the research to be undertaken during the tenure of the Fellowship which is residential. The questions that the research aims to address, in line with the theme of the Fellow-ship, and the reasons behind their selection should be clearly stated.
- Curriculum vitae
Deadline: 15th June 2014
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com