Applications are now open for the 2015/2016 Presidential Special Scholarship for first class graduates. The Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) which started in January 2012 is an initiative of the president of Nigeria to provide scholarship for Nigerian graduates who graduate with first class honours degree.
- be graduates from the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2014;
- have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied programmes:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Medicine*: Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Oncology, Human Genetics, Forensic Medicine, Physiotherapy, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, ophthalmology, etc.;
- Veterinary medicine*: Veterinary Parasitology, Theriogenology, Public Health, etc;
- Basic Medical Sciences: Biochemistry, Physiology, Dentistry, Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Human Nutrition, Nursing Science, Anatomic and Molecular Pathology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Microbiology, Physiotherapy, Pharmacology, etc;
- Pharmaceutical Sciences*: Drug formulations, Natural products, Drug design, Phytochemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, etc;
- Accounting/Actuarial Science: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Petroleum Accounting, Cost & Management Accounting, Environmental Accounting, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Applied Economics, Labour Economics, etc;
- Engineering: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Systems, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Process Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Refinery Design and Operations, Subsea Engineering, Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option), Reservoir Analysis, Drilling Optimization, Chemical Process Dynamics & Control, Process Modelling and Simulations, etc;
- Computing and Information Technology: Intelligent Robotic Systems, Computer Systems and Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber-Security, etc.
Application form can be filled online on the Nigerian Universities Commission Website
Deadline: On a rolling Basis
For additional information, kindly contact the PRESSID Website