British Council Nigerian is pleased to invite young fashion designers for her upcoming training and mentoring workshop. The workshop is organized in partnership with Enterprise Creative.
The One year long mentoring programmewill bring together a range of designers, practitioners and institutions from across Nigeria and the UK to explore new ways of working through a range of workshops, showcasing opportunities and networking sessions between 2014 and 2015.
The programme will connect fashion designers to other creative sectors, provide access to mentoring through a dedicated network of experts within Nigeria and the UK and develop skills of emerging fashion designers in the following areas:
- Technical delivery & business development
- Brand Identity
- Innovative approaches
- Designers must be aged between 18 – 35 at the date applications are due
- Designers must have been working as designers in the industry for a minimum of two (2) years and a maximum of five (5) years
- Designers should have designed at least one (1) collection and be able to send sample sketches of their work and samples of finished garments with their applications.
- Samples should be sent electronically
- Designers must have at least one existing sales point within the Nigerian fashion retail ecosystem
How do we define a designer?
To participate, please visit the British Council website www.britishcouncil.org.ng
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
24 August 2014
For additional information, kindly visit British Council Nigeria Website