Emerging leaders at community foundations, at place-based grant making organizations and/or institutions that support community philanthropy are invited to apply for the 2014 Emerging Leaders Fellows Program.
The fellowship program is organized by The Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society, US. Young professionals interested in strengthening community philanthropy and building capacity in local Third-sector institutions are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility and Selection
• The program is open to practitioners and researchers in the US and overseas.
• College or university degree and strong spoken and written English language skills are required.
TOEFL scores or the equivalent are requested from those whose education was in a language other than English. Alternately, please provide a statement describing your facility with the English language within your professional sphere.
• Applicants should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the nonprofit/NGO/grantmaking field.
• Award recipients must have a strong institutional base and be well-placed to implement research recommendations.
• Preference is given to candidates who are 1) affiliated with a community foundation or initiatives to support community philanthropy development, and
2) who illustrate in their proposals a clear interest in furthering the work of community foundations and strengthening the local culture of philanthropy.
• Candidates affiliated with other institutions in the philanthropy sector who submit proposals on current trends and practices in philanthropy (other than community foundations) may apply for consideration on a tuition basis or with financial support from individual or institutional sponsors.
• A select number of full fellowship awards are available, which cover tuition, accommodations and other program-related costs. These are earmarked for citizens of countries other than the United States or for Americans from communities under-represented in the grantmaking sector.
• Participation on a tuition basis or with financial support from individual or institutional sponsors is open to all, regardless of country of origin or residence. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements detailed above to be considered for participation on a tuition or sponsorship basis. For further details, please send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The selection of program participants will be made by a committee of leaders from the Third Sector.
• Full fellowship awards cover the costs of tuition, single-room dormitory accommodations with shared facilities at International House (adjacent to Columbia University) in Manhattan, medical insurance, program materials, local meetings, local travel and other selected program-related costs.
• Tuition-based or institutionally-supported appointments may also be made, pending approval by the selection committee.
Deadline: Friday June 13, 2014
Interested participants can apply online by filling the Emerging Leaders International Fellows Program Application form
For additional information visit the Emerging Leaders International Fellow’s program website