Professional and amateur photographers around the world are invited to participate in the IREX ‘Make a Better World’ photo contest.
The Contest is aimed at showcasing how youths are using technology, civic engagement and leadership to ensure a better world.
- Strengthening Democracy & Governance – how citizens mobilize to increase civic engagement, encourage a strong civil society, and address issues related to good governance, conflict, gender, etc.
- Youth Leading Change – how youth influence and transform their communities to create lasting change as leaders, entrepreneurs, educators, and advocates of peace.
- Expanding Opportunities Through Technology – how technology helps citizens gain access to news, information, and education, while increasing livelihood and economic development.
- Grand Prize – $500.00
- Best of Strengthening Democracy & Governance Category – $250.00
- Best of Youth Leading Change Category – $250.00
- Best of Expanding Opportunity Through Technology Category – $250.00
- People’s Choice – $250.00
- Entry is open to professional and amateur photographers of all levels who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, regardless of residence or citizenship, provided the laws of the applicable jurisdiction permit participation.
- Current IREX directors, officers, employees, contractors and volunteers, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate.
- An entrant can submit maximum 5 photographs.
- All entries must be in digital format and at the highest resolution possible in a .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format. Files submitted may not be larger than 10 megabytes.
- Entrant should affirm that he/she has received verbal consent from all subjects depicted in the photograph, or from their legal guardian(s) if the subject(s) are less than eighteen years old, and that entrant has no reason to believe the subject(s) would object to the entry of the photograph in the Contest nor to IREX’s use of the photograph.
- Photos that have been digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered are not acceptable. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents are acceptable. Cropped photos are also accepted.
- Photo must have been shot ideally within the last two years and should be contemporary or timeless.
All digital entries must be received via IREX’s website by July 18, 2014 at 11:00pm. Winners will be announced no later than August 15, 2014. Winning photographers will be contacted by email.
For additional information kindly visit the IREX Make a Better World Photo contest