The Mo Ibrahim Foundationis calling of African professionals in their areas that the African Development Bank works to submit applications for the 12 months Month Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellorship Program.
The program a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
The Fellow will also have the following responsibilities:
- Advise on and develop strategic initiatives to advance the Bank’s mission and objectives.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources.
- Conceive, develop and promote innovations in Bank development policies.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience; Applicants should be:
- Be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- Not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother.
Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
- Be under the age of forty (40) years for men or forty-five (45) years for women with children;
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- Have at least 7 (seven) years work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Have experience in strategic planning and execution ;
- Demonstrate knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Have enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
- Have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
Demonstrate ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
Demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
The Application Process
- Interested candidates should complete the online form at the Bank’s website: www.afdb.org/Careers .
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- The selection process will include the Bank’s Human Resources Department carrying out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be further reviewed by the Foundation. A short list of three (3) candidates will be presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
- Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
For additional information kindly visit the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program Website