Innovators from ECOWAS countries are invited to participate in the 2014 TAHMO Sensor Design Competition. The contest is aimed at getting innovators who can design easily available and inexpensive weather sensors that can be used for the development of a weather station. Team applications are allowed.
The contest is organized by Delft University of Technology and Federal University of Technology, Akure.
- Two members of selected teams will be invited to Akure, Nigeria where they will build and connect prototypes of their designed sensors.
- All expenses related to transport, accommodation, and catering will be paid for by Delft University of Technology and Federal University of Technology Akure.
- There will be materials for building the sensors and connections, which the teams can take home for further experimentation.
- The finale teams will get to keep the Arduino controller, that can be used to connect their sensor to the internet.
- Citizens from ECOWAS countries who are interested, irrespective of nationality, education, profession, or age can apply
- Entries can be either submitted as an individual or as a team. There is no limit to the number of members per team.
There is no limit to the number of entries for each participant or team of participants.
- The design should be the entrant’s own original work, which is the entrant’s own responsibility and concern. The design should not infringe upon intellectual or industrial property rights of other parties. In case of infringement, Delft University of Technology has the right to disqualify the entrant.
Deadline: July 1st, 2014
Application information and further information can be found on the Thamo Sesor Design Competition Website