The Singapore Committee for UN Women and the MasterCard Initiative are accepting applications from NGOs, and social businesses, benefiting women and girls in Asia, the Middle East or Africa.in the ‘ProjectInspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World‘ project.
Top 10 finalists will be flown to Singapore in August 2014. There, they will spend three days preparing the five-minutes pitch to present before the judging panel which will lead them to win a US$25,000. Project Inspire was launched in 2011 to mark the 100th International Women’s Day and the 25th anniversary of MasterCard Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Entrant can be from anywhere in the world without restriction of nationality.
- Entrant must be youth between the ages 18-35 at the time of submitting entry.
- Entrant must be from non-profit and non-governmental organizations, and social businesses.
- The project must show creativity and demonstrate the potential to make a sustainable impact on theempowerment of women.
- The project must be designed to empower disadvantaged women and girls through entrepreneurship and business literacy.
- The project must be based on an existing initiative.
- The beneficiaries of the project must be women or girls in Asia/Pacific, Middle East or Africa.
- Project can be submitted as an individual or a team of up to three. The team leader must be between the ages 18-35 and must commit to travel to Singapore and be present during the whole duration if chosen as finalist.
- The proposed project must not propagate any political views or religious doctrines.
- The project must be designed to be implemented with a budget of US$25,000.
- The entrant must commit to commence the fieldwork for their project by 1 February 2015.
- Grand Prize – US$25,000
- Global Reach Award – US$10,000
- Inspirational Award – US$10,000
- People’s Choice Award to one of the finalists with maximum number of votes
For additional information kindly visit Project Inspire Website