Youths all over the world are invited to attend the 2014 International Youth Forum on world peace. The theme of the International Youth Forum is “Youth and World Peace” and will discuss the following topics:
- Types and Features of Youth Action for World Peace;
- Scope and Direction of Youth Action for World peace;
- Understanding of Confrontation and Conflict in Era of Globalization.
The objectives are to make youth aware of global issues, offering an opportunity to tackle them and to find alternative ways or solutions; to improve cooperation and mutual understanding among young people across diverse cultures; to spread goodwill around the world and to build interactive global citizenship through networking among youth.
In order to participate in the International Youth Forum, applicants must be youth between 18 and 26 who are significantly interested in the topic and have a good command of English.
The National Council of Youth Organizations in Korea (NCYOK) covers the expenses of accommodation, meals and local transportation during the youth forum. Travel cost will be subsidized by the organizer to participants from Europe, Africa, Oceania and American regions except participants from Asia. Applicants will be informed of a grant amount determined by 23th of June. Applicants who can afford own travel cost will be considered as first to be admitted.
The deadline for application is 27 June 2014.
Applicants need to submit:
- completed application;
- an English essay about “Youth and World Peace” (A4, 1-2pages, font 12, Times New Roman, single-spaced);
- send the documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The title of e-mail should be ‘Youth Forum Applicants – name of applicant’.
For further information please check official call.