Atlas Corps is accepting fellowship applications from individuals around the world to serve in the United States as Atlas Corps fellow. The major aim of the fellowship program is to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled non-profit professionals.
Join the likes of Esther Agbarakwe in the fellowship which is awarded three times a year. Applicants can apply any time during the year, if one deadline is missed, the application is considered for another deadline.
Benefits to the fellows –
- Visa Expenses (reimbursement)
- Participation in One week orientation and Atlas Corps Nonprofit Management Series Training Program
- Placed for 50-week volunteer position at a U.S. nonprofit organization
- Health Insurance
- Travel Expenses (economy class round trip from and to fellow’s home country and fellowship host city)
- Living stipend
- End of Service Award of $1,000.
- January Fellowship – Deadline is 15 July of former year
- May Fellowship – Deadline is 8 November of the former year
- September Fellowship – Deadline is 22 March of the same year
Eligibility Criteria –
- Applicants must have 2 or more years of relevant experience in the non-profit/NGO/social sector.
- Applicants must hold Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must have English language proficiency and must be 35 years or younger.
- U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship.
- Applicants must be committed to return to her/his home country after the 6-18 month fellowship.
- Applications must be submitted via online application system.
Application materials are – completed online application form, letters of recommendation (two to three).
For more information, please visit Apply to Serve in US page.