Software developers around the world are invited to submit applications for the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Innovator’s Competition to develop an open source technology for Disaster Management for a chance to win $10, 000 in funding.
The technology could include disaster preparedness, early warning, emergency communication and response, and recovery from natural disasters.
- Win up to USD 10,000 in funding
- Sponsorship to the ITU Conference in Doha, Qatar from 7-10 December, 2014
- mentorship opportunity with leading practitioners world wide
- networking opportunity
- high-level exposure for winning individuals and organizations
- Applicants must be under the age of 30
- Applicants can be from member countries of the ITU
Deadline: Thursday, July 31 2014
Interested participants are required to register at https://ideas.itu.int/ and submit a brief summary of how their technology solves Disaster management challenges.
For additional information, kindly visit the ITU Young Innovator’s Competition Website