The Earth Journalism is inviting non-US journalists to apply for a semester-long scholarship to attend the University of California-Berkeley (UCB) for the spring semester of 2015 and take classes at the Graduate School of Journalism. The Visiting Scholarship is intended for a foreign, mid-career journalist who has shown dedication and skill in covering environmental issues.
- Travel, lodging and tuition costs will be covered by the programme
- Scholars will also receive a modest stipend to cover basic living expenses
- Non-US journalists are eligible
- Mid-career journalists are encouraged to apply
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Applicants must have at least five years of experience as a journalist, with demonstrated skill at covering environmental issues
- A commitment to attend the full spring semester of 2014 at UCB, participate in the Earth Journalism class and interact with other students in the class and at the Journalism School
- A desire to take other classes related to either journalism and/or the environment at UCB during the semester
Note: applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st July, 2014
For application and further information visit The Earth Journalism