Global Support for Kids Initiative (GSK Initiative) is a community based
non-governmental, non-profit organization that is poised to minimize the incessant increase of child abuse in our society. To achieve its mission,GSK Initiative designs and facilitates community-level programming, provides tailored technical assistance services, and offers a range of support to community groups and organizations interested in innovative and effective life of children in general.
The Program Manager plays a central role in the development and coordination of GSK Initiative programmatic activities, including
programming for GSK Initiative kids club.
The Program Manager works independently and collaboratively with GSK Initiative staff to plan, manage, and implement activities in the following areas: our rescue, rehab and reunion of street children, our pet projects, research and evaluation, meeting design and coordination, grant/contract management, grant and report writing, and publications/materials development. Other
responsibilities include supporting communications activities, serving as liaison and GSK Initiative representative at meetings, and establishing and maintaining partnerships to advance GSK Initiative’s mission.
The Program Manager position requires child welfare and care knowledge and experience as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills and the exercise of extensive discretion, independent judgment, and
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participate in long- and short-term program development and
- Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of GSK Initiative work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Manage and coordinate programmatic meetings including managing logistical contractors.
- Facilitate small- and large-group meetings and trainings.
- Provide technical assistance to community-based organizations.
- Develop publications, grant applications, and reports through collaborative writing and editing.
- Track relevant activities in public health and related fields to inform CommonHealth ACTION, its partners, and communities.
- Manage relationships with contractors.
- Participate in GSK Initiative strategic planning activities.
- Identify opportunities for marketing programs and services and implement promotional activities on behalf of GSK Initiative, including via GSK Initiative’s Web site.
- Identify partnership and funding opportunities and promote relationship-building among GSK Initiative and other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS & CONDITIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate degree in a field related to
social work with a minimum of five (1-3) years’ experience working with children in
the area of welfare, rights, health, and/or community-based issues.
1. A strong understanding of basic child right
2. Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex
3. Track record of grants and program management
4. Knowledge of and interest in technical assistance and
5. Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
6. Demonstrated professional and political aptitude
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS:
Salary is contingent upon available
funding, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. GSK Initiative also offers a competitive benefit package with annual leave.
JOB LOCATION: The position is based in Abeokuta area and requires the employee to work at the Global Support for Kids Initiative office as well as to perform field work.
TRAVEL: Domestic travel is required for this full-time position.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOW TO APPLY: Send your CV and Cover Letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org and also send a copy to
email@example.com on or before the close of work on Friday 29th August 2014.
Global Support for Kids Initiative values a diverse, respectful, and collaborative work environment. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, partners, and communities. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and a passion for children are required to achieve our goal. GSK Initiative looks to all staff and contractors to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities.