Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF) is inviting journalists and NGOs working to promote peace across the world to submit proposals for grants support of their peace projects.
Accepted projects are such that support innovative conflict resolution and peacebuilding projects focused on preventing, managing and resolving violent conflict and promoting post-conflict peacebuilding.
Peace Projects Grant Program awards will support projects up to US$50,000 that apply a broad range of disciplines, skills and approaches promoting peaceful coexistence through:
- dialogue and reconciliation;
- fostering pluralism,
- good governance,
- freedom of belief;
- advancing social and economic development and environmental responsibility;
- upholding respect for human rights, and gender equality and empowerment, among others.
- First Place Award: US$30,000
- Second Place Award: US$20,000
- Third Place Award: US$10,000
Not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- Proposals for supporting or advancing already existing projects are not eligible. However, project proposals for new stages, or using the previous implementations as a model in different areas are accepted.
- At least one member of the team must be over 18 years old.
- There are no geographical restrictions on applicants.
Deadline: 30th September, 2014
For additional information, kindly visit the Peace Projects Website