United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) organizer of the African Economic Conference 2014 is calling on Policy Makers, Development Economists, Technology Experts, individuals and groups working with African skilled people to submit papers for the 2014 African Economic Conference.
The conference with the Theme: Skills, Technology and Innovation for Economic Transformation will be held in Abidjan from 1st-3rd November, 2014.
Travel, accommodation and feeding cost of authors will be fully covered.
Sub-themes and Sub-Topics
- Estimating the magnitude of skills required to achieve economic and social transformation objectives
- Best practice in exploiting regional and sub-regional opportunities for skills development
- Best practice on adapting skills to industry requirements
- Financing skills development
- Industry-government-academia cooperation on skills development
- The role of technology in social mobility/inequality reduction
- Best practice in fostering technology transfer
- Financing technological upgrading
- Innovative strategies for promoting technology commercialization
- Identifying critical innovation barriers and gaps in Africa
- Best practice in financing innovation from public and private sources
- Exploiting regional and sub-regional opportunities for fostering innovation
- Best practice in addressing barriers and empowering youth
- The submitted papers must be original work not previously published.
- Policy-oriented papers relevant to the overall theme, and papers addressing specific sub-topics are considered for presentation.
Deadline: 1st September, 2014
For Additional Information, Kindly visit the African Economic Conference Website