The third series in the ITU Young Entrepreneurs challenge is on for young entrepreneurs around the world for a chance to win up to $15, 000 in funding, collaboration and mentorship.
Applicants can research, post and discuss different ideas, perspectives and their unique input during the Ideation phase. The selected ideas will enter the collaboration phase where applicants will work together to turn the concepts from the first phase into completed concepts, ready for evaluation.
Each of the winners (in each challenge) will receive up to USD10,000 in seed funding along with business workshops, networking, showcasing and pitching opportunities at the ITU Telecom World Summit 2014 to be held from 7-10 December 2014 in Doha, Qatar.
All finalists will receive a fellowship to facilitate their participation in ITU Telecom World 2014. The fellowship will cover travel and accommodation expenses and include a daily subsidiary allowance (DSA).
- Entrants must belong to one of the 193 Members States of the ITU, and be older than 18 and younger than 30 years old at the time of entry.
- The individual participating in the competition must serve as a legitimate representative of their organization, though they do not necessarily need to be its founder or serve in another specific capacity.
- Applicants must not be an employee (or member of an employee’s nuclear family or household) of ITU nor holding an offer for future employment with ITU.
- Applicants may submit more than one entry for a Challenge if they are not substantially similar.
- Winning projects from ITU Telecom World 2013 are not eligible; winning concepts could be submitted as a start-up with a business plan.
- Entry must not- violate the intellectual property rights of third parties; be illegal under applicable national laws and international law; and depict or incite hatred, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten a specific person or social group, incite violence or conflict or otherwise violate the legal rights of third parties (including those of privacy and publicity).
- Entries must be submitted in English language.
Applicants should register on the ITU Competitions website and subsequently apply for the challenge.
15th September, 2014.
For additional information, kindly contact the ITU Ideas Challenge Webiste