The Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) is calling on emerging and professional conservation, wildlife and environmental photographers with a passion for marine subjects to apply for the annual Marine Conservation photography grant.
- Entrants should be serious emerging photographers who have not been widely published in major magazines and have not earned numerous high-profile international awards.
- Entrants between 18-30 years of age are preferred, though elder applicants who fit the emerging criteria will also be considered.
- Photographers with underwater photography skills in their repertoires are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Employees of SOSF and anyone connected with the administration of the competition are not eligible to apply for the grant.
- Best of Portfolio must contain no less and no more than 20 images.
- Photo Stories must include no less and no more than 10 images and must conform to a relevant theme.
- Specifications for digital images – length 1600 pixels, format -jpeg, ICC profile – Adobe RGB or sRGB for color images, Gamma 2.2 for black and white.
- Only single-frame images will be accepted. Composite and multiple exposure images will not be accepted. Images with added borders, backgrounds or other effects will not be accepted.
Both the winners will receive –
- US$2,000 cash prize
- A paid three-week photographic assignment to document an SOSF supported marine research or conservation project
- All-expenses-paid trip to an international photographic or conservation conference to present their photo story
- Story will also be published as a photo essay in the Save Our Seas Foundation’s magazine
- The assignment period will be a learning and refining experience as well as an opportunity to earn income through photography.
Deadline: 30 April 2014
For more information, please visit Marine Conservation Photography Grant.