Deadline: Throughout the Year
The Nippon Foundation accepts applications from the non-profit organizations based outside of Japan throughout the year for its Overseas Grants. Any local, regional or international NGOs/NPOs including educational and research institutions based outside of Japan are invited to submit proposals on different funding areas covered by the foundation.
- Improvement of Basic Human Needs
- Human Resource Development
- Promotion of International Collaborative Undertakings
For the Nippon Foundation Overseas Grants, priority is given to proposals that contain at least one of the following features:
- Pragmatic and realistic approaches to issues and problems
- Potential for future development and self-sustainability
- Far-reaching social and regional impact
- Pioneering significance; creating new visions and acting as catalyst for positive changes and social transformations
- A diversity of race, gender, ethnicity, social class, cultures and societies
- Applicant must be local, regional or international non-governmental/non-profit organization (including educational and research institutions) based outside of Japan.
- Private individuals or for-profit organizations are ineligible to apply for the grant.
- Any program that is already in its operational phase is not eligible for grant consideration.
- Re-submission of previously rejected proposals is not accepted.
Application materials consists of a cover letter, an application summary form, a project budget and a project proposal to the Nippon Foundation’s Overseas Grants.
For more information, please visit Overseas Activities of the Nippon Foundation.