Applications are requested from individuals and NGOs around the world for the recipient of the Vaclav Havel Human Rights Prize 2014. The major aim of the prize is to reward outstanding civil society action in defending human rights in Europe and beyond
- Nominee can be any individual, non-governmental organization or institution working to defend human rights.
- Nominations for the Prize should be addressed to the Secretary General of the Parliamentary Assembly and be signed by at least five sponsors, other than the nominee, on the special form that is found in Vaclav Havel Human Rights Prize website.
- Nominations shall provide details of the nominee’s work in the defence of human rights and specify the reasons why the nominee’s work can be considered to be outstanding.
- Relevant supporting documents should be provided.
- Nominations should be submitted in either of the two official languages of the Council of Europe, English or French.
- A Cash prize of €60,000
- A Trophy
- A Diploma commending the Prizewinner’s outstanding contribution to the cause of human rights
- Later, an international conference will be organized in Prague in honor of the Prizewinner.
Deadline: 30th April, 2014
To apply visit Call for Nominations page.