Young people who are using their science and technology (S&T) based ideas to commercialize new products and create companies that address economic and development challenges are invited to participate in the 2014 edition of the GIST Tech-I Competition.
The competition, GIST (Global Innovation through Science and Technology) operates at the intersection of science & technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship to empower individual innovators and to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystems. GIST equips young men and women around the world with the skills they need to be successful entrepreneurs and leaders who turn their ideas into new venture that transform their communities
Successful applicants will have the following rewards:
- Training and mentorship with successful entrepreneurs, scientists, angel investors, and venture capitalists;
- Networking opportunities; and
- Access to capital.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a GIST eligible country;
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-40 years old on July 21st, 2014;
- The application must be written in English; and
- The submitted promotional video must be in English or have English subtitles provided.
DEADLINE: 21st July, 2014
Application: Applicants are required to fill the application form and upload a short video of their innovation.
For additional information kindly visit the GIST Tech-I Competition Website