App developers from around the world are invited to develop a working software application using the Samsung Gear Dev Tool. The Application must run normally on a Samsung Gear 2 (or Gear 2 Neo) Device for a chance to win up to $1.25 million in prizes.
The challenge will be the third of the “Samsung Smart App Challenge” series since 2012 and a curtain-raiser for the company’s plan to invigorate the wearable app ecosystem.
Won-Pyo Hong, President of Samsung Electronics Media Solution Center said “This challenge marks the beginning of Samsung’s plan to boost the app ecosystem for the recently unveiled Samsung Gear 2. Samsung will continue to play its part in the wearable market through offering a wide array of outstanding SDKs to app developers.”
- Entrants must be individuals, and teams of individuals, at least 13 years of age.
- Entrants can be organizations that, at the time of entry, have been duly organized or incorporated and validly exist.
- Any application that is funded or compensated, partially or fully, by “Samsung” for its development is not eligible for entry.
- “Samsung,” “ChallengePost,” and any other organizations involved with the design, production, paid promotion, execution, or distribution of the Challenge are not eligible to participate.
- Employees, representatives and agents of the above organizations who are involved with the design, production, promotion, execution, or distribution of the Challenge, and all members of their immediate family or household* are not eligible to participate.
- Any parent company, subsidiary, or other affiliate of any organization described above is not eligible to participate.
- Ineligible countries or regions are – Province of Quebec, Italy, Brazil, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, and Myanmar.
- Entrants must register the entry on the Samsung Seller Office website by the deadline. Only Entries certified before or during the Samsung Apps Certification Period (by 31 July 2014) will be eligible for the challenge.
- Entries must be newly created and registered on Samsung Apps after the start of Challenge on May 1, 2014.
- Participants may submit more than one Entry, however, each Entry must be unique, as determined by the Samsung and/or ChallengePost.
- First Round Winners (total 200 individuals/teams) – US$2,000 each
- Second Round Winners
- Grand Prize (1) – US$100,000 each
- Second Prizes (9) – US$50,000 each
- Third Prizes (30) – US$10,000 each
- Popular Choice (1) – Car with retail value of US$50,000 or Cash US$50,000 (depending on the country of residency of the prize winner)
17 July 2014
Applicants are required to
- Create a ‘ChallengePost’ account.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Sign up for a Samsung Galaxy Apps Seller Office account.
For additional information, kindly visit the Samsung Gear App Challenge Website