The second edition of the Nigerian Ministry of Communication Technology acceleration program, ‘Techlaunchpad’ has been launched. The Public-Private sector initiative which started in 2012 saw eight (8) tech start-ups graduate from its first edition.
The aim of the program is to serve in support, acceleration, incubation and funding capacity for aspiring, young and existing technology companies in Nigeria. To assist Nigerian technology startups (with viable solutions) to grow and develop their products and business for commercial purposes.
Interested participants are to present in beta their solutions.
The beta solution must meet the requirements below:
- Participants must be a Nigerian
- Participating businesses must be registered in Nigeria with Nigerians owning at least 51% equity in such businesses.
- Application must be innovative and not infringe on any known copyright
- Application and solution documentation must be in English Language
- Solution should not yet have been introduced into the market; but should require short lead time to commercialization (18 months or below)
- Application must be within the stated areas of scope under the following industries:
- Agriculture and Logistics
- Building and Construction
Benefits for Applicants
Successful applicants/developers will be admitted into iDEA Incubation Centers in Lagos and Calabar to develop the full solutions within 8 months. During this stage, the successful applicants will be provided office space, high speed internet access and other office logistics within the 8 months duration of the program. The software developers will be mentored by Chief Information Officers of the partners and other identified Executives to fine tune the quality and industry relevance of their solution to ensure that the solutions comply with international quality and standards, as well as accelerate the launch of the product:
Other benefits to the developers during this program will include:
- Training: covering areas such as software standards, quality, testing methodology and so on
- Access to development tools and testing environment
- Business advisory services: business registration, intellectual property protection, contact agreement
- Funding operational expenses, providing investor access to start-up capital or venture capital
- Links to industry and strategic partners: Access to functional experts/industry, mentoring & networking
- Technology commercialization assistance: Providing access to the market to enhance fit and patronage
The program partners include Accenture, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Totalfina Elf, First Bank, Access Bank, Fate Foundation and others.
Deadline: 8th June, 2014
To apply see Techlauchpad Application Form