The University on Youth Development, an activity organised by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe, the Spanish Government (INJUVE), the European Youth Forum (YFJ), the Spanish Youth Council (CJE) and other international youth organisations is calling on young people to serve as rapporteurs for the 2014 conference. It is scheduled to take place from 21-28 September 2014 in Euro-Latin-American Youth Center (CEULAJ) in Mollina ((Málaga-Spain).
Since its first edition in 2000, the University annually gather representatives of youth organisations and youth movements from all over the world in the CEULAJ (Euro-Latin-American Youth Centre) to discuss, train and be trained as well as to take political action around the main issues of the global agenda.
In 2014, the University on Youth and Development will celebrate its 15th edition, under the joint theme “Youth Opportunities” and renewed hopes and aspirations, objectives and challenges are shared with partners to reinforce this space as the home of the Global Education and of the Global Youth Movement.
Travelling cost and accommodation cost will be borne by the organizers
- Write a summary of the activities developed in the framework of the University (Seminars; Trainings; Meetings; Joint Programme Activities) that includes background information, objectives, profile of participants and main outcomes and follow-up;
- Collect notes of speakers’ presentations and discussions (from joint session on Youth Opportunities and other joint sessions);
- Interact with the participants in order that his/her work reflects the diversity and richness within the University (collecting testimonials);
- Prepare a brief output of the University to be presented in the closing session;
- Be available from 19th to 28th September and for some preparatory work (mainly through Skype and email);
- Attend the partners’ meetings during the UYD (first on September 19th at 16.00);
- Present a proposal of index/structure during the University, to be discussed with partners. It should include also reference to the joint theme, 15 years’ celebration and the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship;
- Write a report (30-40 pages max.)1 to be submitted up to six weeks after the event (by the 3rd of November, the latest) and be available to include feedback from partners;
- Be available to attend the Evaluation Meeting of the 15th edition (TBC November, 2 days);
- Work closely with the UYD team (including joint programme, media, coordination and band);
- The rapporteur will be supported by the organisers, in particular by the Programme Manager for Youth Co-operation of the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe, to ensure that the report is produced according to the UYD objectives, the partners’ expectations and the proposed content.
- Applicants must be aged between 18-35.
- Applicants must be motivated by global youth work.
- Applicants must have good writing skills, ability and experience in summarizing and reporting different messages.
- Applicants must have good understanding of the global youth movement and the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship.
- Applicants must be able to interact with partners and participants, to collect the necessary information to develop a general report of the UYD.
- Applicants must have a good command of English. Knowledge of other languages is desirable (Spanish, French, Arabic).
- Applicants who were involved in previous editions of the University on Youth and Development
- Applicants must commit to be available from 19-28 September & for some preparatory work (via Skype and email), attend the partners’ meeting on 19 September, and to attend the evaluation meeting of the 15th edition on November 2014.
- Applicants must be committed to successfully handle all the roles and responsibilities that include writing summary, collecting notes, preparing presentations and so on.
Deadline: 23rd July, 2014.
To apply for this opportunity, kindly fill the University on Youth Development 2014 Application Form. Completely filled application forms are to be submitted to email@example.com
For additional information, see the UYD Call for Rapporteurs