The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the UNAIDS convening agency on HIV prevention, treatment and care for people who use drugs, invites proposals from civil society organizations working in the area of harm reduction. The primary aim of the funding opportunity is to strengthen the capacity of civil society to address HIV prevention, treatment, care and support among people who inject drugs.
Project funding which ranges between $5,000 to US$60,000.
The projects that are submitted for funding must focus on one or more of the following areas:
- HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support among people who inject drugs.
- Support active participation of drugs user communities,
- have an international reach (regional or global),
- are initiated, planned, managed, implemented, monitored and/or evaluated by community based organization.
- Applicant must be a non-profit making organization or Non Governmental Organization registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is registered.
- Applicants must demonstrate prior experience of implementing activities in the area of HIV prevention, treatment, care and support among people who use drugs.
- Applicants must have the required experience or capability to administer international funding.
- Applicants must have a bank account.
- Proposed project must aim at strategic initiatives addressing HIV prevention, treatment, care and support among people who inject drugs.
- Proposed project must have an international reach, either regional or global/worldwide.
Deadline: 20th August, 2014
For additional information, kindly visit UNODC Call for Proposals.