The African Innovation Foundation (AIF) is calling on all African innovators to submit their entries for the fourth edition of the Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA) competition for a chance to win $125, 000 in funding and access to other funding opportunities. The IPA is presented annually, enabling and encouraging African pioneers to develop creative ideas and techniques to overcome some of the challenges faced by the continent and support sustainable development.
The best submission will be awarded a grand prize of USD 100 000. The second prize of USD 25 000 will be awarded to an innovator with an innovation which has the best commercial and business potential. An additional award is a special prize granted to the innovator whose innovation has the best social impact in the community.
The IPA encourages entries in five key categories:
- Agriculture and Agribusiness,
- Energy and Water,
- Health and Wellbeing,
- ICT applications, and
- Manufacturing and Services Industries.
Organizations who have developed home grown innovations in these areas can participate
- Please read the call for proposals. This will enable you to understand our selection criteria and thus be able to submit an application that meets our requirements. Please also read and accept our terms and conditions available. You can access them both here.
- To submit your application form, you can download the Application Form here.
- Once you have duly complete this application form, please email it with the relevant attachments to email@example.com.
All innovations are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- social impact and
- Scientific/technical aspects.
31 October 2014 at 24h00 GMT.
For further information kindly visit http://innovationprizeforafrica.org/.