Creative Writers around the world are invited to take part in the fourth edition of the International Flash Fiction competition for a chance to win the star prize of $20, 000 and $2, 000 runner up prizes. The competition with the theme “Museum of Words” explores different ways that words and writings can be used a tool of uniting people across the world. This year’s edition goes with the slogan “Mandela: Words and Concord.”
A first prize of $20,000 will be awarded to the winning story. The three remaining finalist stories in the remaining language categories will receive a $2000 runner up prize.
- Writers from any country may enter their micro-fiction into the competition.
- Submitted stories must be original creations; writers are free to cover any subject.
- Writers may only enter a maximum of two stories. Stories may be written in the following languages: Hebrew, English, Arabic or Spanish.
- Stories must not exceed 100 words. Entries must be sent exclusively by filling in the entry form that can be found on the foundation website: www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com or www.museodelapalabra.com. All stories entered must be original, unpublished in all means (paper, electronic publications, network…) and have not been awarded in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will forfeit the entry.
- The author certifies that the story sent is of his own authorship.
Applicants must submit their micro fiction entries on the competition website before the deadline
November 23rd, 2014 GMT+1