Female students of higher institutions in Africa studying courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics are invited to submit applications for the $500 scholarship from Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women (WAAW) Foundation.
The scholarship program which is aimed at encouraging the participation of women in STEM related areas can be renewed yearly on the basis of meeting up with the academic requirements yearly.
An ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S. degree program.
- studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- have demonstrable financial need and excellent academic record.
- be below the age of 32 years and her graduation date must be after December of the award year.
- Existing scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
The application system is primarily online. Successful application are to include the following:
- Fill the WAAW Foundation Scholarship Online Application form
- their personal and contact information,
- educational and family information,
- reason for the need of scholarships fund,
- impressive response to essay questions and
- two academic/professional references.
31st October, 2014
For further information, kindly visit the WAAW Foundation Scholarship Website