Obajeun one of the leading activism blogs in Nigeria is calling on bloggers around the world to team up and support the campaign for the release of the abducted school girls in Nigeria through the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.
The school girls have been abducted over 100 days ago on April 15th, 2014 and have not been released since then. The global campaign has been joined by emminent voices including Malala, Michele Obama, Chris Brown etc.
Obajeun now needs your entry to led support for this worthy cause.
- N50,000 in prizes
- Buffet sit outs/Movie hang outs with Obajeun.com crew
- Automatic tickets to participate in the next season of Tolerance Academy – A national peace-building & leadership development certification training.
- Winning articles, cartoons and pictures also stand a chance to be featured on award winning blogs & websites as well as popular national dailies.
- Also, winners in western Nigeria would get an opportunity to physically present their work at one or more glamorous literary events.
Writers and bloggers from around the world are invited to apply. Females and Africans are particularly encouraged.
- First, interested buzzers have to follow @Obajeun on Twitter, and like Obajeun.com on Facebook at facebook.com/obajeunblog
- From 12:00am on Sunday 27th July – 11:59pm on Saturday 9th August 2014, buzzers would then compose one unique tweet – summarily expressing their own thoughts about #BringBackOurGirls, untold stories about the girls or proffering workable means that we as a nation can employ to bring our girls back home in no time – safe and sound. To capture your unique thoughts, your 140 characters tweet may include words, graphics/cartoons or self-designed and thought provoking pictures! Tweets have to mention@Obajeun and contain the hash tag #TheBuzz. For example, tweets should look like this – “@Obajeun The Nigerian Army has failed us!!! 300,000 able bodied and armed civilians need to unite & march to Sambisa forest to save our girls. #TheBuzz“
- The 30 most inspiring tweets would be selected to move on to the next round!!! N.B – Retweets by your followers, increases your chances of being selected!!! The 30 buzzers would be announced on Sunday, 10th August, 2014.
- Subsequently, the 30 selected buzzers would then proceed to write 500-600 worded articles, reports, fiction, poems, cartoons, pictures and graphics/design to further explore their individual unique thoughts on the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, unheard stories about the girls, or unexplored means to rescue our girls and send for posting from August 11th to 16th. They would send in their entries to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- A competent panel of experienced and objective artists/writers/bloggers would then decide the fate of the 30 buzzing semi-finalists, to determine 15 buzzers who would move on to the last and final round. The 15 buzzers would be announced on Sunday, 17th August, 2014.
- The final 15 would proceed to get public support. They would have their unique links shared with them and they would be expected to use their social media influence to garner support through: facebook blog likes, facebook blog comments, twitter shares, google+ shares, etc. This would happen from August 18 to August 30. Winners would be announced on Sunday 31st August, 2014.
11:59pm on Saturday 9th August 2014 (GMT + 1)
For additional information, kindly contact the Obajeun #BringBackOurGirls blogging competition website