The World Conference on Youth 2014, with the theme “Mainstreaming Youth in the Post 2015 Development Agenda” will take place from 6 to 10 May, 2014 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Applications are invited from youth from around the world who are passionate about development
The Conference has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between governments and youth, called “Colombo Action Plan”. The Conference which is expected to bring together 1500 participants, half of them young people, and 150 of them will come from marginalised backgrounds, making the conference one of the most well represented youth events at the global level.
Youth from around the world are invited to participate, they must however be between 18-29 years old.
- International Youth Delegates (350 people). Direct applications can be done on the website and are focused on a few categories:
- Youth from international youth-led organisations (78 people) – to represent international networks/organisations and regional youth platforms active at the international level.
- Youth from marginalised youth (150 people) – to make sure that young people’s voices who are often ignored are given space.
- Youth leaders/experts (60 people) – to ensure that youth activists, trade unions, faith and political parties, academic and development negotiations are involved.
- Sri Lankan Youth Delegates: As host country, Sri Lanka will select 100 young Sri Lankans to participate
- National Youth Delegates (2 per country/400 people). They are to be selected by governments in cooperation with National Youth Councils where they exisit or by a committees of young people when a National Youth Council doesn’t exist. If you are a National Youth Council or a young person active nationally you should first contact the Ministry responsible for Youth and/or the National Youth Council to apply nationally.
- Facilitators (42 people)– to support the running of the conference
- Young bloggers/journalists (20 people) to make sure that the outreach of the conference is high and all young people with different languages can follow the conference.
Deadline: 21st February, 2014
Applicants should fill the World congress on Youth application form
All the best!