Stiftung Entrepreneurship, Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) are seeking entries to empower young entrepreneurs and innovators for positive change through the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (YCE).
Young people between the ages 15 and 30 from around the world are invited to enter the competition with their best ideas and/or projects. This is an opportunity for the youth to be a part of global community of creative youth entrepreneurs and peers who together are building a harmonious and sustainable society for all.
Winners of the competition will get opportunity to participate in the award ceremony and present their ideas and projects to an international audience. Award ceremony will be held at the Entrepreneurial Summit in October 2014 in Berlin.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Competitor must be between the age 15-30.
- Youth should have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the sustainable development of your community, in a field such as – The Environment, Poverty Reduction. Education. Health. Peace Building. Sustainable Energy, Empowerment of Women and Youth, Food Security, Cultural Diversity, the Elderly. OR
- The youth should be operating such enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization, or an informal program.
- Entry must be submitted for one of the categories.
- Submissions can be made by team too but the idea must be submitted by one team member.
- One entrant can submit more than one idea/project.
- Ideas or projects that have won other prizes or competitions are also eligible to enter the competition.
- Entries must be submitted in English and Presentation must also be made in English language.
- Best Ideas – New and original ideas and plans for an enterprise that still needs to be implemented.
- Best Projects – Existing enterprise that has demonstrated social impact.
- Grand, Second and Third Prize – in each category [Finalists will be 10 entries receiving most votes – in each of the two categories]
- People’s Choice Prize for the entry with largest number of votes – in each category
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive honorable mention.
Enter the Competition
- Register online
- Learn how to create an Idea/Project through free training at the online Entrepreneurship Campus
- Submit the best Ideas and/or Projects
- Enroll Friends and colleagues to vote and comment
- Entry Deadline: 30 June 2014
- Online Voting and Comments Deadline: 31 July 2014
- People’s Choice Prize Winners Announced – 1 August 2014
- Video Presentation to be submitted by the top 10 Entries – 15 August 2014
- 10 finalists announced in the Best Ideas Category and the Best Projects Category respectively – 20 August 2014
- Prize Announced – 15 September 2014
- Award Ceremony – October 2014
For more information, please visit YCE Competition Webbsite.